Hair trend predictions for 2014
Rejoice! Another year is upon us – and with it comes a whole wave of new hair trends for us to try. If you’re wondering what the big thing in colour will be, or what kind of cut you should be asking for at the hairdressers, then you need to read on.
We called on the help of international hairstylist and owner of Raw Salon, Anthony Nader, to share his thoughts on the hair trends we’re likely to see in 2014…
- If you want to keep your tresses long next year be sure to keep your ends more blunt than razored. By doing this, your ends will appear healthier, maintain their shape for longer and look less straggly.
- The pixie cut is back! If you’re looking to get in on this trend, be sure to ask your hair stylist for ideas on what will work best with your face shape.
- Layers cut into longer hair give you that ‘Sophia Vergara-style’ va va voom!
- Bobs have made a huge comeback and look amazing on celebs like Eva Longoria. The beauty of having a haircut like hers is that you can change up your style daily, especially if you have a sprinkling of layers throughout to create dimension.
- Natural-looking hair colour is where it’s at in 2014. This makes upkeep easier, as brighter hair colours require a lot of maintenance and if you’re not prepared to endure all that comes with a brighter hair colour, then a colour with a natural base tone is perfect for you.
- Instead of changing your colour every time you visit the salon, ask your stylist for a gloss treatment. Gloss treatments revitalise dull tresses and add mega watt shine, which makes your colour seem new again – and won’t break the bank.
- If you’re an ash Blonde and your hair is dehydrated and dull-looking, 2014 is the perfect time to take your color palette down the creamy caramel/honeycomb road. These shades are far more complimentary for the majority of skin tones and will also give your skin a healthier glow.
Which hair trend do you think will be huge in 2014? Which trend would you be most likely to try and why?